Philippine Travel Destinations,
A Must-Visit for the Wanderlust
Welcome to Philippine Travel Destinations! Get all travel
information you need such as Philippine top tourist spots, weather, air flight
and hotel deals, shopping malls, adventures and fun activities.
Are you looking for your next travel destination overseas? Why not come to
Every year, the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) is
packed with foreign nationals from Korea, USA, Japan, China, Taiwan, Australia,
Singapore, Canada, Hongkong, Malaysia and UK. Koreans ranked as the largest
market of Philippine tourism with USA and Japan ranking second and third
respectively in the 2012 statistics according to the Department of Tourism.
Recently, the Tourism Department launched a new ad promoting
Philippine as a honeymoon destination.
You might ask me “Why do I have to visit Philippines anyway?”
There's one place that attracts foreign
tourists to travel to Philippines...it's the BEACH!
The white beaches of Boracay, Bohol, Ilocos Norte, and Palawan
are listed as top Philippine travel destinations. Still there are many pristine
beaches in the country waiting to be discovered.
If you’re the adventurous type, you will surely enjoy
different water sports like diving and snorkeling in Bohol, Boracay and Palawan ,
surfing in Siargao and Subic, wakeboarding in Camarines Sur or whitewater rafting in Cagayan de Oro.
Philippines is a paradise when you explore the mountains and trekking is a favorite adventure of foreign and local tourists.
A popular Philippine travel destination for hikers is the Mount Pulag in
Benguet, a towering 2930-meter high. It is
the third highest mountain in the Philippines.
But if you want an easy climb, go up
Mount Ugu, Mount Pinatubo, Mount Daguldol, Mount Apo, Mount Pico de Loro and
Like I said earlier, there are a lot of things to do while
here in the Philippines. A two-week vacation may not be enough to relax your
body, refresh your mind and revive your energy.
Regional Festivals and Food
But with its 7,100 islands, there are definitely other places to explore in the Philippines and fun activities to enjoy.
You can learn about the Philippine culture when you see the various Philippine festivals. Get into the merriment during the regional festivals in Cebu, Iloilo, Davao, Quezon, Naga and a lot more! It's certainly "fiesta" mood and you can take a bite of their unique Filipino cuisines; there's one of each kind in every region or province.
When visiting Baguio, be amazed by the magnificent Panagbenga Flower Festival or by the passionate show of devotion during the Nazareno Festival in Quaipo and the Peñafrancia Festival in Naga City.
Now with all the traveling, you will surely be hungry and need to stop for food. Never miss to try buko pie (young coconut pie) in Laguna, batchoy in Iloilo, lechon (roasted pig) in Cebu, kare-kare in Pampanga, pinangat in Albay or banget in Vigan. If you like spicy dish, try the Bicol Express and literally burn your tongue!
Shop and Dine
If you are on a business or leisure travel, big shopping centers like
Mall of Asia and Greenbelt Makati are ideal for meeting with your clients and friends.
Lined up for easy access are the popular restaurants, fast foods, coffee shops
and bars for night entertainment.
You can have the best family vacation when you take your
kids to Enchanted Kingdom or the Manila Ocean Park. These two are the popular amusement for the entire family members.
Do you need a visa to Philippines? What are the travel requirements for a holiday tour to the different island beaches in the country?
Traveling to the
Philippines can be hassle-free. This will be discussed further in another page. But you need a handy map and valuable
travel information to get around the main cities in the Philippines. Learn about the jeepneys and the Philippine weather. Find out the perfect time of the year to visit the
island beaches. You surely don’t want to spoil your family vacation or honeymoon
with the winds and the rain.
Airfare and hotel deals are also
very affordable. Just contact your travel agencies for the best vacation packages.
family vacation, personal retreat or lover’s honeymoon, you have made the right choice to travel to the Philippines.
So where do you start with your travel around the Philippine islands?
Maybe I can help you map your travel destinations.
Here's a list of the
best Philippine destinations that you
can include in your itinerary.
- Bacolod, the City of Smiles
- Bacolod is known as the City of Smiles because of the friendly nature of its people.
- Batangas Coffee and Beaches
- Batangas boasts of its native coffee and rich history specially of beautiful beaches of Anilao, Nasugbu and San Juan.
- Batanes, Unexplored Paradise
- Batanes in northern Philippines is an unexplored paradise and home to the indigenous Ivatans.
- Bohol, an Island Paradise
- Visit Bohol, the home of best diving sites, Chocolate Hills and Philippine tarsiers.
- Boracay, Island Paradise of the Philippines
- Boracay Island is a top Philippine travel destination. Find out why!
- Camiguin, a Volcanic Paradise
- Discover Camiguin with its 5 towns and 7 volcanoes. It's a lot of fun for everyone!
- Caramoan, A Secret Paradise
- Caramoan is a secret paradise because it is a tourist spot isolated from the rest of Camarines Sur .
- Historic Corregidor Island
- Visit the fortress of Corregidor Island, the last bastions of Philippine and American resistance to Japanese invasion
- El Nido, Best Island Destination
- Explore the beautiful El Nido, one of Palawan's top travel destinations.
- Malapascua Island
- Don't miss to see the white beach and shoals of Malapascua Island.
- Marinduque, A Holy Week Destination
- Tourism in Marinduque is at its peak during the Lenten season with the Moriones festival.
- Mindoro, Philippine's Seventh Largest Island
- Mindoro is also famous for its white sand beaches and natural harbor of Puerto Galera.
- Pagudpud, the Boracay of the North
- Discover the white sand beaches of Pagudpud.
- Palawan Island
- Palawan is where you find one of the world's natural wonder, the Underground River, and the longest saltwater crocodile in captivity named Lolong.
- Pangasinan Hundred Islands
- Experience island hopping at its best at Pangasinan Hundred Islands.
- Siquijor Island
- Visit the mystical Siquijor island and hear the legends of witchcraft and witches from the locals themselves.
- Subic, a former US naval base but now a favorite tourist destination for diving, snorkeling and jungle activities.
- Zambales, Where Its More Fun in Subic Bay Port
- Zambales, more than just sweet mangoes, is also the best site for snorkeling, diving,surfing, sunbathing, picnicking and hiking.
- Baguio City
- Baguio City is a favorite summer get-away for families and friends.
- Cebu City, Crown Jewel of the South
- Being the crown city of Visayas, Cebu City has hotels equipped with the most modern accommodations you could want.
- Davao City, Mindanao's Gem
- Learn about how to get around Davao City, the hotels, restaurants, cafes and other travel tips.
- Legaspi City, the City of Fun and Adventure
- Legaspi City is where you find the perfect-coned Mayon Volcano and the beautiful Misibis and white sand Cagraray beaches.
- Tagaytay has cooler climate due to its high altitude location while providing for an exquisite scenery overlooking Taal Lake surrounding Taal Volcano..
- Antipolo, the Pilgrim City
- Antipolo is a historical city, with its festivities and culinary delight.
- Ayala Museum
- Ayala Museum located in the Makati business district is considered a museum of history and arts.
- Discover Intramuros Manila, the Walled City
- Intramuros Manila is the oldest district and the historic center of the Philippines.
- Vigan Ilocos Sur, A Historical Visit to An Old Town
- Discover Vigan Ilocos Sur, its cobblestone streets,old Spanish houses and fine food.
- Manila Cultural Destinations
- Experience Philippine history when you visit Manila cultural destinations like Rizal Park and Manila Hotel.
- Banaue Rice Terraces
- Visit Banaue Rice Terraces in Ifugao and discover the 2000 year-old lush hand-carved rice terraces.
- Bangui Windmills of Ilocos Norte
- Bangui windmills erected in the nearby Pagudpud beach is more than just a turbine hub.
- Donsol Whale Watching, Another Philippine Ecotourism Activity
- Donsol Whale Watching in Sorsogon is where you experience close encounter with whale sharks especially between February and May.
- Katibawasan Falls Camiguin
- If you want a refreshing swim, come to Katibawasan Falls Camiguin. It's a perfect spot for gatherings of families, lovers and friends.
- Sagada and the Hanging Coffins
- Sagada, famous for its hanging coffins can also give you an unforgettable nature experience.
- Enchanted Kingdom
- When traveling with kids, don't miss the fun and exciting rides at Enchanted Kingdom.
- Manila Ocean Park
- Enjoy great family time at the Manila Ocean Park, Manila's famous oceanarium.
- Best Honeymoon Destinations in the Philippines
- Check out the honeymoon destinations in Palawan, Cebu, Boracay, Bataan and Batangas.
- Best Bohol Diving Sites
- Bohol diving sites are among the best diving spots in the Philippines.
- Batanes Island Hopping
- Go Batanes island hopping and experience the fun of traveling in these remote islands.
- Boracay Mermaid Swimming Lessons, A Summer Craze
- Boracay Mermaid Swimming Lessons, one exciting water activity you shouldn't miss in the Philippines.
- Mountaineering in Mount Pulag
- Here are valuable tips on mountaineering in Mount Pulag.
- Philippine Surfing Destinations
- Here's a list of some of the best Philippine surfing destinations.
- Wakeboarding in Camarines Sur
- Wakeboarding in Camarines Sur is an adventure you should not miss while traveling in the Philippines.
- Waterskiing in the Philippines
- Stay in Pili, Camarines Sur and try waterskiing, another exciting Philippine watersports.
- Whitewater Rafting in Cagayan De Oro
- Feel the adrenaline rush when whitewater rafting in Cagayan de Oro!
- Camarines Norte Festivals
- Camarines Norte festivals are celebrated all-year round. Experience the fun in Cam. Norte.
- Iloilo Dinagyang Festival
- Join in the Iloilo Dinagyang Festival to honor the miraculous Sto. Niño or Child Jesus.
- Davao Kadayawan Festival
- Davao Kadayawan is a thanksgiving celebration as well as a showcase of the city's culture, arts and history.
- Camiguin Lanzones Festival
- Camiguin Lanzones Festival is a celebration of bountiful harvest of lanzones.
- Bacolod Masskara Festival
- Celebrate Bacolod Masskara Festival, a nine-day celebration of music, food and wine.
- Panagbenga, Baguio's Flower Festival
- Don't miss the Panagbenga Flower Festival in Baguio every February.
- Penafrancia Festival in Naga City
- Penafrancia Festival is the highlight of the devotion of a Marian devotee in Bicol.
- Cebu Sinulog Festival
- The Cebu Sinulog Festival is celebrated to honor the Santo Niño or Child Jesus.
- Ninoy Aquino International Airport
- The Ninoy Aquino International Airport is the only airport in Manila area located between Pasay and Parañaque.
- Philippine Food, a Different Taste in Every Region
- Taste the various Philippine food reflecting the cultural fusion that's unique about the Filipinos.
- Cheap Philippine Flights
- Check out the price range that airlines offer for cheap Philippine flights.
- Philippine Jeepneys
- How do you get around the Philippines? Try riding the Philippine jeepneys.
- Philippine Weather
- Check the Philippine weather and find out the best time to visit the beaches.
- Philippine Safety
- Read about Philippine safety and travel with peace of mind.
- Manila Shopping Malls, the Best and Safest in the City
- Here are tips to the best and safest Manila shopping malls.
- Philippine Vacation Packages, Get the Best Deals
- Find out the Philippine vacation packages offering a variety of travel adventures.
Tell Us Where You've Been in the Philippines
If you've visited the different travel destinations in the Philippines , then you are the best source of information. Tell us where you've been in my country and share some pictures of your travel too!
You can also post your comments that will be valuable information and tips to others. Reading what you say about the Philippines will surely make them have a memorable holiday to the Philippines.
Search for the best hotel and flight deals online.